So, how does this whole solo-travelling photo-taking thing work? Turns out it’s pretty simple. The only requirement? Patience and not worrying about looking silly. These are the best and simplest ways to take photos of yourself when travelling solo…
One tip before you leave home: bring a tripod that can bend and twist. one that will meet all your needs.Below is the tripod I took. it was cheap, bendable, small.. perfect for what I wanted. https://www.wish.com/seach/tripod#cid=58737e8ae891844f2fbb9cd5
- Self- Timer Possibly that simplest way of taking a photo of yourself when traveling alone is using a self-timer on your camera or phone. *Temple in Cambodia*
- Burst mode: Burst mode is a setting on your camera which allows it to take lots of photos in a short space of time. How many depends on your device, but even an iPhone can take 10 frames per second! The procedure here is very similar to the above – only as a bonus you’ll have more photos to choose from.*Temple in Cambodia*
- Video screenshots: It’s easy – record a short video of yourself, then pause the video on your computer or phone and take a screenshot. A supper easy and affective way.*Koh Lanta*
- Selfie stick: I know, I know. A selfie stick…. gross but does it get the job done? yes. Everyone loves to hate them. Are they lame? Oh my, YES. But if your desperate and want good pictures suck it up and use one.
- Friendly strangers: This is one of the best ways to get pictures. Simply search for someone who is also alone and ask if they could take your picture then offer to take theirs (good way to meet people). *Angkor Wat*.
* Traveling leaves you speechless but it turns you into a storyteller*